The Grainery Church is committed to being a safe place for all people.
The Grainery Safe Church Framework forms part of The Grainery’s ongoing commitment to be a safe place for all people, including in all physical, emotional, and spiritual environments.
1. As a church we are committed to spiritual, emotional, and physical safety and wellbeing.
2. We acknowledge that all people at church have a right to feel and be safe, and to experience life-giving, harm-free interactions at our church and in our programs.
3. We acknowledge the need for sensitivity and consideration of all people of aboriginal, culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, as well as any person with a disability.
4. We commit to the welfare of all people through the implementation and ongoing improvement of our Safe Church Framework which includes:
- safe and friendly environments where people are listened to, feel safe, accept challenges, develop faith and grow in connection with God and others;
- safe and adequate recruitment, training, supervision, support, and resourcing of our workers; and
- appropriate and expedient responses to all incidents, accidents, child protection, and/or safe church (misconduct and abuse) concerns.
5. We acknowledge the primary role of parents and caregivers in relation to children (0-18 years), as well as the role of children in child protection, and will actively engage with children and caregivers, inviting open communication and feedback as part of our procedures and interactions.
6. We acknowledge the shared responsibility of the whole community for child safety and welfare, including caregivers and our workers, and as such we will actively promote the role of parents and caregivers and the wider community in the shared responsibility of child safety.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the church office on (02) 4969 5557.